Home > News
Pediatric Oxygen Nebulization Inhalable Consumables: Changing Traditional Medicine Use, Transforming Specialty Clinic
In recent years, as the advantages of nebulized inhalation therapy have been widely recognized, this kind of medicine directly reaches the target organ, has fast onset, less medication, and less side effects. More and more clinical treatment methods are used. Nebulization inhalation therapy can achieve the purpose of clean airway, humidified airway, local treatment (spasmodic, anti-inflammatory, expectorant), especially in the treatment of pediatric respiratory diseases, has a pivotal role.
(1) What is air compression atomization
The atomization device commonly used in pediatrics is an air compression atomizer, which uses a compressor to compress the clean air filtered through the antibacterial net cotton into a powerful air flow that is ejected from the jet port and impacts the liquid in the medicine cup. The medicine is vaporized and then sprayed from the mist outlet and inhaled through the mouth and nose of the child. Due to the fine particles of the medicine mist, the medicine can easily penetrate into the lungs, bronchus and other parts through breathing, and the medicine dosage is small, the adverse reactions are small, it is easy to absorb, and the treatment effect is obvious.
(B) Which conditions are suitable for nebulization treatment
In children, nebulized inhalation therapy is mainly used for acute laryngitis, acute bronchitis, wheezing bronchitis, bronchial asthma, acute bronchiolitis, acute rhinitis, viral influenza, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and other respiratory diseases.
(3) What are the commonly used aerosol treatment drugs
Glucocorticoid (Budesonide suspension)
β2 receptor agonists (salbutamol, terbutaline)
Anticholinergic drugs (Love Quan Le)
β2 receptor agonist + anticholinergic drugs
Mucolytic agent (chymotrypsin)
Antiviral drugs (ribavirin)
Nebulization treatment area of 306 hospital pediatrics
(4) What are the precautions for atomization treatment
1. Do not apply oily ointment on the baby's facial skin before nebulizing inhalation. Doing so will promote the absorption of fat-soluble nebulized drugs; try not to eat for half an hour before nebulization to avoid vomiting caused by aerosol stimulation during inhalation.
2. Instruct the baby to inhale slowly and deeply when atomizing, and stop the inhalation for a while to make the mist inhale deeper.
3. During the atomization process, the spray nozzle needs to be held vertically, do not tilt, to prevent the liquid from flowing out, and pay attention to observe whether the baby has adverse reactions. See if there is local irritation: cough or choking; whether there are allergic reactions: rash, facial flushing, urticaria, etc.; whether there is a rapid heart rate: nebulized inhalation of Cobbit or Ventolin can cause it, pay attention to observe heart rate changes ;
4. If infants and young children can not cooperate, they can complete two people. If your baby is crying violently and her lips are cyanotic, you need to suspend atomization to avoid aggravating the lack of oxygen, panting and heart-lung burden due to irritability.
5. The general atomization process takes about 10 to 20 minutes. If the spray nozzle no longer emits mist, it means that the atomization is over.
6. After the nebulized inhalation treatment, rinse your mouth with clean water in time to reduce the drug residue in the mouth.
7. Wash your face after inhaling with a mask, and wipe the nose, nose and surrounding skin with a towel to eliminate the drugs remaining on the face.
8. After nebulizing, you need to pat the back of the baby more to promote sputum discharge. Finally, pay attention to observe whether the baby's gasping symptoms are relieved, whether there is hoarseness, throat discomfort, and oral candidiasis infection, etc., and any abnormalities need to be dealt with in time.
Dear young mothers, let us pay attention to the role of children's atomization, choose a reasonable atomization plan, and scientific operation. Let us work together for the baby's early recovery.
Establish a standard atomization room for primary medical institutions
With the deepening of the reform of the medical system and the implementation of basic medicines and the control of intravenous infusion, village clinics face the challenge of development and survival. Opening outpatient clinics and looking for green treatments are the only effective ways for village clinics to survive and develop.
1 Benefits of atomization
1. Local administration, rapid onset
2. Reduce risk, increase outpatient volume, increase income
Oral drugs generally have to be absorbed through the gastrointestinal tract and circulated to the liver for metabolism before reaching the lung tissues, so that the drugs take off slowly in the lung tissues. Moreover, after being absorbed by the gastrointestinal tract and metabolized by the liver, the amount of drugs reaching the airway target organs and target cells is relatively small.
Intravenous administration does not pass through the gastrointestinal tract and can reach the airway tissue quickly, but the drugs used through the vein can be distributed throughout the body organs, and adverse reactions may occur, such as long-term, high-dose intravenous use of hormones Causes Cushing's syndrome, etc., and many patients also have diabetes. If blood glucose control is not good, then intravenous administration of glucocorticoids in large doses is very harmful to blood sugar control.
The above two methods of administration are equivalent to the previous cancer chemotherapy drugs. Since there are no targeted drugs, when the cancer cells are killed, the normal cells are also killed. The so-called "kill the enemy one hundred and damage three thousand ".
Relatively speaking, the nebulization treatment has obvious advantages, and its effect is precise, and it directly acts on the target organ. It uses a nebulizer to disperse the drug into mist particles or particles suspended in the gas, inhale directly into the airway, and directly act on the structural cells and inflammatory cells of the airway, which can quickly play a role and will not produce other organs. effect. At the same time, the amount of drugs that enter the body through the inhalation of nebulization is very small, and there are few adverse reactions. This is confirmed by a large number of clinical studies at home and abroad, and is also recognized by clinical experts.
2 The necessity of establishing a standard atomization room in the basic clinic organization
1. Demonstrate that grass-roots doctors also have the medical technology and professional quality that keep pace with the times of high-end hospitals, improve the professional atmosphere of the clinic, enhance the level of diagnosis and treatment, and shape the image of the clinic.
2. The standard atomization room can do a good job of propaganda and education to the parents of patients, dispel parents' concerns, and increase trust in doctors.
3. Cartoon environment can make children psychologically more relaxed and cooperate with treatment, and can perform atomization treatment of more than 5 people at the same time.
4. Comprehensive, thorough, relieve respiratory symptoms, effectively shorten the patient's course of disease, treatment + oxygen therapy, safer and more effective, increase the diagnosis and treatment items, patient groups, charging items.
3 Standard for the construction of spray chamber
1. Venue: The area is about 10 square meters, clean, bright, ventilated, and the room temperature is controlled at about 25 degrees Celsius
2. Venue walls: painting warm and environmentally friendly walls suitable for children, and KT boards for spraying knowledge
3. Atomization equipment: one disinfection cabinet, 5-10 atomizers and consumables.
4. Atomized tables and chairs: Stools and tables suitable for children's height.
5. Equipped with TV: atomization knowledge and children's cartoons, etc.
4 The details of nebulized drug treatment need to be mastered
Generally speaking, the inhalation time of each atomization of ultrasonic atomization and jet atomization should not be more than 20 min.
Nebulized drug delivery should prevent respiratory tract reinfection, we should strengthen the care of the mouth, nose and pharynx, and also pay attention to the disinfection of nebulizer, indoor air and various medical devices.
Nebulization may increase the resistance of the respiratory tract. After inhalation of the nebulizer, some patients may have increased breathing difficulties. At this time, in addition to being alert to pulmonary edema, it may also be caused by liquefaction and expansion of airway secretions and increased obstruction. Therefore, the elderly and children with poor expectoration ability should be cautious, and it is best to suck the sputum before or after the inhalation treatment.
The amount of liquid used for one atomization should not be too much, especially in children. If the amount of liquid is too large, it may cause pulmonary edema or water poisoning.
When inhaling oxygen to the face mask of asthma patients, especially infants and young children, due to too few vent holes in the face mask, carbon dioxide cannot overflow. The patient actually breathes carbon dioxide repeatedly in the face mask, and PaCO2 in the blood rises rapidly, which may cause acute respiratory acidosis As the condition of asthma intensifies, the inhalation time of nebulization should not exceed 5 to 10 minutes.
The main adverse effects of nebulized inhaled hormones are local effects on the mouth and throat, such as hoarseness, mold infections, etc., so gargle in time after medication.
During the inhalation of oxygen atomization, please pay attention to contact with fireworks and flammable products.